- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns, coarsely crushed
- 4 jalapeno peppers, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 1 wine
bottle and cork
- In a medium-size enameled (non-metallic) pan, bring vinegar, peppercorns,
jalapeno peppers and garlic just to a boil.
- Pour into a crock or jar and let steep for 6 days.
- Strain through a cheesecloth and discard flavorings.
- Pour strained vinegar into a clean, dry wine bottle and cork.
- Store in a cool, dark place.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Deep Fried Turkeys
Deviled Louisiana Blue Crab Cakes with Smoky Rémoulade Sauce
Louisiana Crawfish Ravioli with Crawfish Cream Sauce