Cajun Won Tons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups Monterey jack cheese, grated
- 1 package won ton wrappers
- Oil for frying
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Add the green pepper and onion. Cook for
- Add the garlic and tomatoes. Cook for an additional minute. Sprinkle on
the seasoning, remove from the heat and allow to fully cool.
- Mix in the cheese. Place a won ton skin facing you in a diamond shape. Place
1 tablespoon of the mixture in the center. Fold in the two side points until slightly overlapping.
- Bring the bottom point to the center, dab with water and roll into an egg-roll
shape. Toss in a bowl of flour. Continue until all the mix is used.
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F. Add the won tons in small batches and cook
until brown (about 3 minutes).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Make a dipping sauce by mixing together the mayonnaise and hot sauce.
Yield: about 4 dozen