Catfish and Biscuits
Fried catfish rests between two biscuit halves with a Cajun cream sauce.
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 biscuits or 1 recipe
Best Ever Biscuits
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sprinkle catfish with Cajun seasoning.
- Place large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil.
When butter is melted and hot, add catfish. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and
cook another 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion, celery, bell peppers and mushrooms to skillet; cook for 4
- Add garlic; cook for 2 more minutes. Add heavy cream, stirring to
combine. Cook for 4 minutes or until cream mixture has reduced by half.
- Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Split biscuits and place on serving plate. Cut fillets in half; place
one half on each split biscuit and spoon sauce over each.
Serves 4; 2 catfish biscuits per serving.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
The Catfish Institute
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes