Catfish and Biscuits
Fried catfish rests between two biscuit halves with a Cajun cream sauce.
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 green
bell pepper, finely diced
- 4 large button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large garlic
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and
pepper to taste
- 8 biscuits or 1 recipe
Best Ever Biscuits
- Sprinkle catfish with Cajun seasoning.
- Place large skillet over medium high heat. Add butter and olive oil.
When butter is melted and hot, add catfish. Cook for 4 minutes, turn and
cook another 4 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add onion, celery, bell peppers and mushrooms to skillet; cook for 4
- Add garlic; cook for 2 more minutes. Add heavy cream, stirring to
combine. Cook for 4 minutes or until cream mixture has reduced by half.
- Season with hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Split biscuits and place on serving plate. Cut fillets in half; place
one half on each split biscuit and spoon sauce over each.
Serves 4; 2 catfish biscuits per serving.
Recipe used with permission from
The Catfish Institute.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad