- 1 (9-11 ounce) catfish fillet
- 2 ounces butter and oil
- 1/4 cup seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 ounces shrimp, small pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 ounces sherry wine
- 1/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 cup good cheese sauce or mornay sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dredge catfish in seasoned flour. Sauté in butter starting skin side up.
Flip after 5 minutes on each side. Fish will flake and not resist when fully
- Remove fish from skillet and remove excess grease from skillet.
- Add shrimp, mushrooms, scallions, lemon, Cajun spice, and deglaze pan with
- Melt cheese sauce in last and serve over fish.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes