Ceviche-Marinated and Grilled Louisiana Shrimp Tacos
- 24 jumbo Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 pound red cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup low fat sour cream
- Preheat grill or grill pan to high heat.
- Mix lime juice, cilantro, tomato juice, onion and chili powder in a bowl.
- When fully mixed, add in the peeled and deveined Louisiana shrimp, cover
and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from marinade and place them on the hot grill. Cook until
the shrimp are done, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Remove shrimp from the grill and place them aside.
- Lay the tortillas, a few at a time, over the hot grill until warm, 20 to
30 seconds. Stack on top of each other on a plate.
- On each tortilla, place 3 shrimp, shredded cabbage, salsa and sour cream.
Fold in half.
Cooking/Prep Time: 25 minutes
Reprinted with permission from
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad