Chicken Cakes with Creole Sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Creole Sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper,
onions, and garlic, and sauté 3 to 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir together bell pepper mixture, chicken, and next 5 ingredients in a
- Shape chicken mixture into 8 (3 1/2-inch) patties. Fry 4 patties in 2 tablespoons
hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 minutes on each side or until
- Drain on paper towels.
- Repeat procedure with remaining 2 tablespoons oil and patties.
- Serve immediately with Creole
To get a head start, refrigerate the shaped cakes overnight, and pan fry
them right before dinner.