- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced (1 cup)
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cups canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Hot pepper sauce
- Heat olive oil in a medium nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken
cubes, and brown on all sides for 3 minutes.
- Remove to a plate, lower heat to medium high. Add onion, green pepper, celery
and garlic and sauté 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, oregano, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne pepper and return
chicken to pan. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon chicken and sauce over rice and pass the hot pepper sauce.
Yield: 2 servings
Per serving: 421 calories, 58.2 grams protein, 19.6 grams carbohydrate, 12.8
grams fat, 28 percent of calories as fat, 6.5 grams fiber, 144 milligrams cholesterol,
305 milligrams sodium