- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken
- 1 pound smoked pork sausage, sliced about
1/2 inch (Arnone uses Crescent City Meat's sausage)
- 1/2 pound chopped white onion
- 1/4 pound green bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- Dash Kitchen Bouquet seasoning
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon each garlic powder and cayenne pepper
- 1 pound Uncle
Ben's Converted Rice, uncooked
- In an 8-quart cast iron pot cook sausage on medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is browned.
- Add the onions, bell peppers and green onions and cook until the white onions
- Add 3 tablespoons of water and skim the oil off the top. Add a little Kitchen
Bouquet to darken the water. Add the salt, pepper and rest of seasonings and
bring to a boil.
- Add the rice and bring to a boil, then turn heat down to simmer. Stir occasionally
until the rice is cooked.
Yield: approximately 4 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 29, 2001.
Source: Michael Arnone's Crawfish Fest
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Uptown Red Beans and Rice
Louisiana-Style Red Bean Pasta Salad