Cold New Orleans Spaghetti
- Regina red wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Tabasco hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (12 ounce) package vermicelli
- Lawry's seasoned
- 4 chicken breast halves
- bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Hellman's mayonnaise
- lemon juice
- Prepare the French dressing. Using a "Good Seasons" bottle, add red wine vinegar
to the water line. Add olive oil to the oil line. Add salt, sugar, paprika, a few
drops of Tabasco, and garlic powder. Shake well.
- Cook package of vermicelli as directed. Marinate overnight in French dressing
and season spaghetti with seasoned salt and Tabasco to taste. Mix well.
- Cook chicken breast halves until tender with celery, bell pepper, onion, salt,
- Remove from bone when cool. Cut as for chicken salad and thinly slice six stalks
- Add chicken and celery to marinated spaghetti and mix well.
- Add mayonnaise and mix well.
- Add a small amount of lemon juice and more seasoned salt to taste.
- Let stand overnight.
- Garnish with marinated avocado, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, mushrooms or black
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Source: The Levy-East House Bed and Breakfast, Natchitoches, Louisiana