Cajun and Creole Recipes
Corn Maque Choux
Corn Maque Choux is a classic Creole dish that can be served as a side to any meal. This recipe is simple to make and a flavorful southern favorite for any occasion.
Prep: 10 min | Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cups corn
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Slap Ya Mama Original Blend Cajun Seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn, onions, bell peppers, jalapeño and Slap Ya Mama Original Seasoning and cook, stirring, until soft, for 10 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and tomato; cook for 5 minutes.
- When ready, remove from heat and serve hot.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Slap Ya Mama