Country Cajun Shrimp Bread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cut shrimp into 1/2-inch pieces. Cook shrimp and onion in butter or
margarine over medium heat for 5 minutes or until opaque.
- Cut French bread loaf in half lengthwise. Reserve one half for another
use. Hollow the center of bread with fork to form a 1/2-inch thick shell. Break any big pieces of scooped out
bread into crumbs. Place crumbs and shell on baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Combine crumbs, shrimp mixture, Cajun seasoning, salt and pepper. Spoon
mixture into the hollowed loaf. Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 3 to 5 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.