Crab and Cream Cheese Bake
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 (8-count) can crescent rolls
- 1 cup lump crabmeat
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- Combine the cream cheese and green onions in a bowl and mix well.
- Unroll the crescent roll dough on a greased baking sheet; do not separate the
triangles. Press the dough into an 8 x 11-inch rectangle.
- Spoon the crabmeat lengthwise down the center of the rectangle.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crabmeat.
- Fold the long edges of the rectangle over the cream cheese mixture, slightly
overlapping. Pinch the edges to seal.
- Arrange seam side down on the baking sheet.
- Brush the top lightly with the egg yolk and cut slits.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 to 22 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
- Cut into 12 slices.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 12 servings
Source: Serving Louisiana: Favorite Recipes of Family and Friends of the
LSU Ag Center