Crab and Oyster Dressing
This is not your ordinary dressing. Its extravagant ingredients make it perfect
for festive occasions.
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Long Grain and Wild Rice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1 pint oysters, drained
- 1 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- Bring water and 2 tablespoons of the butter to boil in medium saucepan.
- Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion, mushroom and bell pepper; cook and stir 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add crabmeat and oysters; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice mixture, pecans, bread crumbs and green onion. Cook and stir until heated through.
Yield: 12 (2/3 cup) servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Nutritional Info per 1 serving: Calories: 240 Sodium: 491 Fat: 12 Carbohydrates:
19 Cholesterol: 70 Fiber: 2 Protein: 14
Reprinted with permission from