Crabmeat au Gratin
Make dinner and appetizers special with this quick and easy Crabmeat Au Gratin
recipe. Add Zatarain’s Creole Seasoning or Blackened Seasoning for a flavorful kick,
and serve it up with fresh French bread.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 teaspoons ZATARAIN'S® Creole Seasoning
- Hot pepper sauce, to taste
- 1 pound lump or backfin crabmeat
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-low heat.
- Add onion and parsley; cook and stir 3 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add flour; cook and stir until lightly browned.
- Slowly stir in milk; continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the cheese, Creole Seasoning and hot pepper sauce. Reduce
heat to low; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Gently stir in crabmeat.
- Pour mixture into a greased 1-quart baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble around the edges.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 30 min
Yield: 6 servings | Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 219 Sodium:
812mg Fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 6g Cholesterol: 114mg Protein: 24g Fiber: 0g
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):