A delightfully spicy butter which is great on crackers or French bread.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 5-6 cloves whole garlic
- 1 shallot, diced
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Leave butter at room temperature for about 1 hour before starting
- Sauté crawfish over medium heat with 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning for 3
- Add wine and garlic and simmer until evaporated. Set aside to cool for about
- In a food processor combine butter, crawfish and rest of ingredients.
Process until all ingredients are incorporated evenly throughout butter.
- Spread butter mixture out on a plastic wrap and roll into a log. Wrap
with a second coating of plastic wrap and seal the ends by twisting. Place
in a sealed bag and freeze until solid.
- Slice off as needed.
Chef Michael O'Boyle
Recipe and photo credit: louisianaseafood.com