Crawfish and Corn
- 6 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with chile peppers (Ro*Tel)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans shoe peg corn (tiny white corn)
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- Salt and cayenne to taste
- Heat the butter or oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat. Add the onions,
bell peppers and garlic. Cook, stirring, until translucent, about five minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with chiles, mashing the tomatoes with the back of a heavy spoon. Cook, stirring, for five minutes.
- Add the corn and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the cream-style corn and crawfish. Season with salt and cayenne. Cover and
cook for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Yield: about 10 servings
Source: The Times Picayune
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes