As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3/4 cup long grain white rice (uncooked)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds crawfish (frozen peeled, tails, thawed)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat,
cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid has been
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat, stir together ground beef,
onion, celery, green bell pepper, red bell pepper and garlic. Cook until
beef is evenly browned and vegetables are tender.
- Stir cooked rice, crawfish tails, pecans, butter, and green onions into
the ground beef mixture. Season with Creole seasoning and pepper. Continue
cooking about 3 minutes, until well mixed. Transfer to the prepared baking
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Garnish with parsley.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
Photo credit: jeffreyww
>> Cajun and Creole recipes