Turn your enchiladas into a heartier meal by adding crawfish tails, Spanish rice and cheese to the filling. Smother 2 cans of enchilada sauce on top, and enjoy this traditional Mexican dish done New Orleans-style.
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
- 2 cups shelled crawfish tails
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce (2 1/4 cups), divided
- 12 soft corn tortillas, (6-inch), warmed
- Bring water and tomatoes to boil in medium saucepan.
- Stir in Rice Mix; return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for
25 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Add crawfish, 2 cups of the cheese, cilantro and 1/2 cup of the enchilada
sauce; mix well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking dish with no stick
- Spread 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce in baking dish.
- Place 1/2 cup rice mixture on each tortilla; spread down center. Tightly
roll tortilla around filling. Place, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish.
- Lightly spray enchiladas with no stick cooking spray.
- Spoon remaining enchilada sauce evenly over top.
- Sprinkle evenly with remaining 2 cups cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Prep Time: 15 min | Cook Time: 50 min
Yield: 12 servings | Serving Size: 1 enchilada
Nutritional information (amount per servings) Total Calories: 327 Sodium:
766mg Fat: 15 g Carbohydrates: 31g Cholesterol: 79 mg Protein: 17g Fiber: 2g
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):