Crawfish and Green Onion Bread Pudding
This savory bread pudding makes for an unexpected and delicious appetizer.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 large egg
- 8 cups (about 8 ounces) cubed day-old French bread
- 1 pound Louisiana crawfish tails
- 2 cups sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Spray a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the cream, egg yolks and egg.
- Add bread, crawfish, green onion, Sriracha, and salt; fold together.
- Pour into prepared baking dish, let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes,
or cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Bake for one hour or until center is firm and a knife inserted in the center
comes out clean.
Cooking/Prep Time: 1 hr | Serves 8 - 10
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):