This impressive meal is a breeze to make—try it at your next dinner party!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 pounds crawfish tail meat
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (14.1 ounce) package Pillsbury Ready-Made Pie Crust (2 crusts)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add onion, bell pepper,
and garlic; cook until softened.
- Add soup, evaporated milk, salt, and peppers. Add cornstarch mixture. Reduce
heat to low, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in crawfish, green onion, and parsley; cook 5 minutes.
- Place bottom crust in a deep-dish pie plate, and bake, using pie weights,
until lightly browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Fill crust with crawfish mixture, and place top crust on pie.
- Bake until browned, 25 to 30 minutes.
Cooking/Prep Time: 1 hr 30 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):