- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 4 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- 18 individual unbaked tart shells
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Sauté onions, garlic, bell pepper and celery in butter until limp.
- Add soup, tomato sauce, crawfish and parsley. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Add salt, red and black peppers, and milk. Mix well.
- Add bread crumbs and mix well.
- Add egg and mix again.
- Pour into individual unbaked tart shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes.
Yield: 18 individual pies, which will serve 8 to 10 people
These pies freeze well. Do not bake until ready to use.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes