Crawfish Smothered Grits
- 1 pound peeled crawfish tails
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking white grits
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiana-Reggiano cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a mixing bowl, toss the crawfish tails with salt and cayenne.
- In a 3-quart saucepan, over medium heat, add the olive oil. When the oil is hot,
add the onions. Season the onions with salt and cayenne. Sauté for 2 minutes, or
until the onions are soft.
- Add the crawfish and garlic. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the stock and half-and-half to the pan. Season with salt and cayenne. Bring
the liquid to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the grits and stir constantly until they are very tender, about 10 minutes.
- Add the cheese and stir to mix and melt it.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes