Crawfish Stuffed Peppers
- 1 pound crawfish tails, chopped
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 3/4 loaf very stale French bread (no crust, dried thoroughly in oven)
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 medium bell peppers, chopped
- 5 large bell peppers, parboiled and halved
- Red pepper
- Saute onions, celery and 3 medium bell peppers in butter or margarine until
very well done, mushy and yellowish. This takes about 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the bread. Remove crust and slice into thick slices.
Soak 2 to 3 slices at a time in water. Remove from water as soon as bread is
wet and squeeze into small handsful as dry as possible. Shred into tiny
- To the vegetable mixture, dd crawfish, crawfish fat and seasoning and
simmer for about five minutes.
- Add bread and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Fill bell pepper halves and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 45 minutes.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole Recipes