Creamy Creole Turkey Bake
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup chopped celery
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell
- 1 garlic clove, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 4 ounces fettuccini, cooked according to package directions
- 2 cups 1/2-inch
cubed cooked turkey
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In medium nonstick skillet, over medium-high heat, sauté onion, celery, green
pepper and garlic in margarine for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- In medium bowl blend cream cheese, tomatoes and Creole seasoning.
- Fold in vegetable mixture, fettuccini and turkey.
- Pour mixture into 9-inch square dish, sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake at 325 degrees F for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Yield: 4 servings