This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
- Butter or margarine
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups pecan pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Grease wax paper sheet with butter, then set aside.
- Combine sugar and next 5 ingredients in a large heavy saucepan. Cook over low
heat, stirring gently, until butter melts. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly,
until mixture reaches soft ball stage (238 degrees F), about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in pecans and flavorings. Beat with a wooden spoon just
until mixture begins to thicken.
- Working rapidly, drop by rounded tablespoonsful onto prepared wax paper.
- Let stand until firm.
Yield: 4 dozen