Creole Candied Yams
- 1 (30 ounce) can whole yams
- 1/4 cup seedless raisins
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pareve margarine
- 1 apple, cored and
- 2 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup
- Remove yams and place in casserole dish. Pour liquid from yams into bowl.
- Add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon, and mix until dissolved. Pour
- Mix fruit together; add to yams and liquid. Dot with margarine.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 45 minutes or until syrup has thickened slightly
and yams look glazed.
Yield: 4 servings
Variation: Substitute oranges for peaches.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail