Creole Catfish Dip
- 4 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- 1 1/2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
- Pour water to a depth of 2 inches into a large skillet; bring to a boil. Add
fish, and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat. and simmer 5 to 8 minutes or until
fish flakes with a fork.
- Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon; cool slightly.
- Flake into bite-size pieces.
- Beat cream cheese and next four ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Stir in 1/4 cup green onions.
- Spread cheese mixture in an 8-inch bowl or cast-iron skillet.
- Spread chili sauce over cheese mixture; top with flaked catfish and remaining
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 3 1/2 cups
Coastal Living - March 2001
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes