Creole Crab Casserole
- 2/3 cup uncooked rice
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 whole black peppercorns
- 2 whole cloves
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can crabmeat
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain rice.
- Cook onion and green pepper in butter for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add next 5 ingredients.
- Tie whole spices in small piece of cheesecloth and add. Simmer, uncovered, 10
- Remove spice bag.
- Add crab meat, rice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Put into a 1 1/2-quart casserole and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes.