As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 large eggplant
- 3 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sharp cheese
- Peel and cube eggplant that has soaked in salt water. Drain. Boil in fresh water
for 5 minutes and drain.
- Place in greased baking dish.
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Stir in flour.
- Add tomatoes, pepper and onion.
- Add brown sugar, salt and bay leaf. Cook 5 minutes.
- Pour over eggplant, removing bay leaf.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes