- 3 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can tomatoes
- 3 filets grouper or other mild fish
- Creole Sauce: Sauté the vegetables in 2 teaspoons oil until they are transparent
and somewhat tender.
- Add bay leaf and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 15 to
- Fish: Oil frying pan. Heat pan.
- Add fish which has been salted. Cover. Cook for 10 minutes; turn and cook 10
minutes or until fish flakes and is tender.
- Serve Creole Sauce on fish over rice.