Oven baked and oh, so easy to make! Delicately flavored flounder fillets are
topped with tomatoes, bell pepper and other savory ingredients.
- 2 pounds flounder or other mild flavored fish fillets
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 drops red pepper sauce
- Heat oven to 500 degrees F. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13 x 9 x 2 inches.
- If fish fillets are large, cut into 8 serving pieces.
- Place fish in baking dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients; spoon onto fish.
- Bake uncovered for 5 to 8 minutes or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Garnish with green bell pepper rings if desired.
Yield: 8 servings
Enjoy this heartwarming dish with a crisp green salad and French dressing along
with purchased croissants or baked crescent rolls.
Go for the Creole gusto by serving this southern dish with additional red pepper
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 100 (Calories from Fat 20 ); Total
Fat 2 g (Saturated Fat 0g); Cholesterol 50 mg; Sodium 380 mg; Total Carbohydrate
3 g (Dietary Fiber 1 g); Protein 18 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6 %; Vitamin C 14 %; Calcium 2 %; Iron 2
Exchanges: 1 Vegetable; 2 Very Lean Meat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes