Like a traditional gumbo, this one is prepared without rice. Instead, prepare
Zatarain's® Long Grain Parboiled Rice to serve with the gumbo.
- 6 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Gumbo Base
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ZATARAIN'S® Gumbo Filé (optional)
- Bring water, Gumbo Base and oil to boil in large saucepot over medium heat, stirring
to dissolve any lumps.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in shrimp and sausage; cover. Simmer an additional 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with Gumbo Filé, if desired.
Yield: 8 (1-cup) servings | Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hr
Nutritional Info per 1 serving: Calories: 350 Sodium: 1627 Fat: 22 Carbohydrates:
12 Cholesterol: 193 Fiber: 1 Protein: 26
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes