Creole Hot Dogs and Rice
- 3/4 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 3 hot dogs, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (seasoned or not)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp and remove from pan to paper towels to drain.
- Sauté onion in bacon drippings for 4-5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in seasoning and sliced hot dogs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, bacon and tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chopped cilantro or basil.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information: calories 294, fat 13.5 g, 42% calories from fat, cholesterol
28 mg, protein 9.5 g, carbohydrates 33.2 g, fiber 1.7 g, sugar 4.1 g, sodium 967
WW points 7.2