Creole Hot Dogs and Rice
- 3/4 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 3 hot dogs, sliced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes (seasoned or not)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro or basil, chopped
- Cook bacon until crisp and remove from pan to paper towels to drain.
- Sauté onion in bacon drippings for 4-5 minutes or until onion is softened.
- Stir in seasoning and sliced hot dogs and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, bacon and tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove from heat. Stir in chopped cilantro or basil.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition information: calories 294, fat 13.5 g, 42% calories from fat, cholesterol
28 mg, protein 9.5 g, carbohydrates 33.2 g, fiber 1.7 g, sugar 4.1 g, sodium 967
WW points 7.2
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail