Creole Jack Rabbit
- 4 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, minced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper,
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cup canned tomatoes, drained, chopped
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon
- English muffins or toast triangles
- Cook bacon until crisp. Add onion and green pepper and sauté until tender.
- Blend in flour.
- Stir in milk and tomatoes and cook until thickened.
- Add cheese, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Stir until cheese melts.
- Serve over toast or muffins.
Yield: 6 servings