Creole Lemon Cake
- 2 cups butter or margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking
- 4 cups coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 1/2 cups California golden or natural
- In large mixer bowl cream butter and sugar.
- Gradually add eggs; beat well.
- Stir in lemon juice and peel.
- Combine remaining ingredients; gradually stir into egg mixture until blended.
- Spoon batter into greased and floured 10-inch tube pan; let stand 10 minutes.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for1 hour 45 minutes, or until browned and a wooden pick
inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let cool on rack for 15 minutes; remove from pan to cool completely.
- Wrap; let stand a day before slicing.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Yield: one 10-inch cake
Cake can be wrapped in a brandy-soaked cloth and stored in covered container
for 1 to 2 weeks.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail