Creole Pecan Pie with Chantilly Cream
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- 1 large egg yolk
- 6 1/2 ounces
softened cream cheese
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract,
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 3 large eggs, lightly
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely-chopped pecans
- 8 ounces heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup granulated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Chantilly Cream: Place ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat until fluffy. Refrigerate
- Pie: Bake the pie shell in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 15 minutes, then
allow to cool.
- Combine the egg yolk, cream cheese, white sugar and half the vanilla extract
and spread evenly over the bottom of the pie shell.
- Over medium heat dissolve the brown sugar with the corn syrup, beaten eggs and
remaining vanilla and stir in the pecans.
- Pour this mixture into the pie shell and bake at 350 degrees F for 55 to 60 minutes,
then remove and allow to cool.
- Freeze for at least 3 hours before cutting.
- Serve with Chantilly Cream.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail