Creole Pickled Pork (Pickle Meat)
A necessary seasoning, many say, for red beans and rice and other bean dishes.
- 1 (2 pound) boneless pork butt, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 4 cups (1 quart) distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 cup mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and cracked (not smashed)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 12 peppercorns
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine all ingredients except the pork in a non-reactive saucepan and boil for
- Cool and place in a refrigerator container and add the pork. Stir to remove bubbles.
- Cover and refrigerate for three days.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes