Creole Pork Roast
- 1/4 cup red pepper
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chile powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning
- 1 can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 (4 to 5 pound) boneless pork roast (string removed)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- In saucepan, melt butter. Add green pepper, onion and 2 teaspoons Creole Seasoning. Cook until tender; drain.
- Stir in mushrooms; blend in 1/4 cup tomato paste.
- Unroll roast. Spread vegetable mixture over roast surface. Roll meat and tie
- Roast on rack in pan at 325 degrees F for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until temperature
is 170 degrees F.
- Remove to platter.
- Skim fat. Add water to juices to make 1 1/2 cups liquid.
- Return 2 tablespoons fat to pan.
- Stir in flour and remaining seasoning and paste. Cook until bubbly.
- Pour over sliced roast.