Creole Pot Roast with Dumplings
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 (3 pound) beef pot roast
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 2/3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Melt 2 tablespoons margarine in Dutch oven over medium high heat. Add beef and
brown on all sides.
- Add tomatoes and onion; cover tightly. Cook over low heat for 2 hours.
- Stir in curry powder, 1 teaspoon salt, sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Cover
and cook an additional 1/2 hour.
- Place pot roast on serving platter and keep hot.
- Add 1 cup hot water to broth in pot; bring to a boil.
- Blend together flour, baking powder and remaining 1 teaspoon salt.
- Cut in remaining 2 tablespoons margarine, using a pastry blender or 2 knives.
- Add milk, parsley and pimiento to flour mixture. Stir until moist.
- Drop batter by tablespoonsful into boiling broth. Cover; cook over low heat about
- Place dumplings around pot roast.
- Strain broth and serve as gravy.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes