Creole Smoked Sausage and Shells
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian style tomatoes, drained, reserving 1/2 cup liquid
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups uncooked shell macaroni
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Heat sausage according to package directions; cut into serving pieces.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in blender, puree tomatoes and reserved liquid, tomato paste, green
pepper, onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper and flour.
- Transfer Creole Sauce mixture to saucepan and bring to boil; reduce heat and
simmer several minutes.
- Combine Creole Sauce with prepared macaroni shells.
- Arrange on serving platter with smoked sausage; add hot pepper sauce to taste.