Creole Smoked Sausage and Shells
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds smoked sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian style tomatoes, drained, reserving 1/2 cup liquid
- 1 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, seeded
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3 cups uncooked shell macaroni
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Heat sausage according to package directions; cut into serving pieces.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in blender, puree tomatoes and reserved liquid, tomato paste, green
pepper, onion, celery, garlic, salt, pepper and flour.
- Transfer Creole Sauce mixture to saucepan and bring to boil; reduce heat and
simmer several minutes.
- Combine Creole Sauce with prepared macaroni shells.
- Arrange on serving platter with smoked sausage; add hot pepper sauce to taste.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.