Creole-Style Skillet Dinner
Enjoy this hearty kielbasa sausage, rice and vegetable skillet recipe made using
Progresso® chicken broth - perfect for a 30-minute Creole-style dinner!
- 1 medium onion, chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa sausage, cut lengthwise into fourths, sliced
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup Progresso® chicken broth (from 32-ounce carton)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- Red pepper sauce, if desired
- Spray 12-inch skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and bell pepper to skillet. Cover; cook 3 to 5 minutes,
stirring once, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in kielbasa, tomatoes, broth, salt and Cajun seasoning. Heat to boiling;
stir in rice. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes
or until rice is tender.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
- Serve with pepper sauce.
Prep Time 30 min | Total Time 30 min | Servings 4
Boost the fiber to 4 grams per serving by using instant brown rice instead of
the white rice. Just increase the cooking time by 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information Serving Size: 1 Serving: Calories 390 (Calories from
Fat 150), Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g ), Cholesterol 35mg Sodium
1150mg Total Carbohydrate 47g (Dietary Fiber 3g Sugars 7g), Protein 13g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A25%; Vitamin C30%; Calcium 4% Iron15%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker