Creole Submarine Sandwich
- 1 large loaf crusty French bread, about 2 feet long
- 1 pound thinly sliced smoked ham
- 4 large Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 pound thinly sliced salami
- 1 large red onion, very thinly sliced
pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
to 6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Prepare Creole mayonnaise: stir together all ingredients in a small bowl and
refrigerate until ready to use.
- With a bread knife, cut lengthwise along French bread, splitting it open without
slicing all the way through. With your fingers, pull out about a 1-inch depth of
bread all along both sides of loaf.
- Generously spread both sides with the Creole mayonnaise.
- Evenly layer ham on bottom half and top with tomatoes.
- Then layer salami and top with onion.
- Finally layer beef and top with lettuce.
- Close top and press securely shut.
- Cut into either 4 or 6 sections depending upon how hungry you are.
Posted by Chyrel at Recipe Goldmine 1/12/2002 11:19 am.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail