Creole Sweet Potatoes
- 6 large yams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup seedless raisins
- Miniature marshmallows
- Boil yams, then remove the meat and mash it with a liberal amount of butter.
- Add remaining ingredients. If the mixture is too thin, thicken it with flour.
It should be the consistency of thick mashed potatoes.
- Spread the potato mixture onto a greased baking sheet, about two inches thick,
and cover with marshmallows.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until the mixture is hot and the marshmallows have spread
- Serve by cutting into slices.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail