Creole Tomato Pie
- 4 large Creole tomatoes *, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 16 ounces assorted white shredded cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) soft
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 pound bacon, fried crisp
- 16 ounces
assorted yellow shredded cheese
- 1 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
* You can use any type of tomato, but Creole tomatoes are best.
- For crust mix flour, Cheddar cheese and butter. Press into pie pan or round cake
- Bake until flaky, about 15 minutes, in a 350 degree F oven.
- Sauté onions in bacon fat; drain.
- Add Italian seasoning.
- Layer tomatoes, cheeses, bacon and scallion mix, ending with tomatoes; top with
- Bake at 350 degrees F until cheese melts.
Yield: 4 servings
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Crab Salad
Cajun Minestrone with Italian Sausage
Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
Grilled Cajun-Style Gator Tail