Creole Wings with Mustard Peach Sauce
Crispy wings are dipped into a tasty sauce made with peach jam, a peach and Dijon mustard.
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
Peach Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup peach jam
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons pimiento, diced
- 1 Georgia peach, peeled, pitted and pureed
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- Chicken: In small bowl, stir together garlic, mustard, paprika, thyme, sugar,
cayenne, salt and black pepper; blend in lemon juice to make paste. Using
pastry brush, brush paste over wings. Arrange wings, meaty side down, on
lightly greased foil-lined baking sheets.
- Let stand for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Bake at 475 degrees F for 15 minutes; turn wings over and bake for 15 to
20 minutes or until brown, crisp and no longer pink inside.
- Peach Mustard Sauce: In saucepan, melt jam over low heat; stir in
peach puree, mustard, pimiento and vinegar. Serve separately for dipping.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Georgia Peach Council
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes