Dat Crazy Cheezy Crawfish
- 1/4 pound butter
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/4 cup minced green onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/4 cup minced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 egg yolks, well beaten
- 1 pound crawfish, freshly peeled
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- In a saucepan melt butter at medium heat. Add onions, garlic, shallots, bell
pepper and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add flour a little at a time, stirring until all is mixed. Cook 5 more minutes,
- When flour begins to stick slightly, slowly stir in whipping cream. Cook until
mixture thickens, stirring constantly about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, cayenne, egg yolks, and stir until well blended.
- Add in crawfish and half of the cheddar cheese until mixed well.
- Place in a greased 8 x 10-inch baking pan and spread remaining cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until cheese begins to brown.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings