Dirty Rice with Maple Sausage Links
Dirty Rice takes on a whole new flavor with the addition of maple sausage links.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (7 ounce) package
Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Golden Brown Maple Pork Sausage Links, chopped
cup dry white wine
- 1 (7 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 tablespoon
agave nectar or sugar
- 2 tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 6 cups cooked rice (white or brown)
- 1/2 cup scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan. Add chopped yellow onion and sausage
to pan and sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
- Add white wine, green chiles and agave nectar (or sugar) and simmer for
about 5 minutes.
- Add red peppers, Cajun seasoning, garlic powder, celery salt and ground
coriander to pan and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice to pan and combine thoroughly.
- Stir in the scallions, cilantro and lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Reprinted with permission from
Jones Dairy Farm.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Loaded Cajun Cornbread
Chocolate Filled Beignet
Cajun Shrimp Casserole
Chocolate Bourbon Balls