Divine Gulf Shrimp
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 cup blanched slivered almonds
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- Make marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, and seasonings.
- Marinate shrimp for at least 2 hours.
- Melt butter in large skillet; add garlic and shrimp. Reserve marinade.
- Stir-fry shrimp over medium heat until pink.
- Discard garlic; remove shrimp to a hot platter.
- Sauté slivered almonds in butter until brown.
- Add marinade, hot pepper sauce and vermouth. When well blended, pour sauce over shrimp.
- Serve over saffron rice mixed with chopped chives or finely chopped green onions.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings