Dressed Seafood Po' Boys
- 10 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 pounds (3 pints) cornmeal
- 1 1/2 pounds (3 pints) all-purpose flour
- 12 pounds medium shrimp, shelled, or 36 dozen shucked oysters
- 3 quarts mayonnaise
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons TABASCO brand Pepper Sauce
- 48 hero rolls (about 6-inches long)
- 3 pounds (1 gallon) shredded lettuce
- 6 pounds (12) large tomatoes, cut into strips
- In small bowl, combine eggs and milk.
- In shallow pan, combine cornmeal and flour.
- Dip shrimp or oysters into egg mixture.
- Dip shrimp or oysters into cornmeal mixture.
- Deep fry in hot oil (350 - 375 degrees F) until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine mayonnaise, garlic and TABASCO Sauce.
- Slice 1 inch off end of hero rolls. Scoop out soft insides.
- Spread inside of roll with mayonnaise mixture.
- Spoon in shrimp, lettuce and tomatoes.
- Serve hot.