Dulac Dirty Rice
This dish has it all. It gets color from the bell peppers, crunch from the pecans,
sweetness from the raisins and saltiness from the bacon.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Dirty Rice
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1/4 cup chopped
red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup raisins
cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- Cook ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat until no longer pink.
Drain fat; set aside.
- Add water to same skillet; bring to boil. Stir in Rice Mix and ground beef;
return to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 25 minutes or until rice
- Remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in medium skillet on medium heat. Add pecans;
cook and stir 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add to rice mixture.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet. Add bell peppers and
raisins; cook and stir 3 minutes or until tender.
- Add to rice mixture; stir until well mixed.
- Sprinkle with bacon and green onions before serving.
Yield: 8 (1-cup) servings
Nutritional Info per 1 serving: Calories: 323; Sodium: 734; Fat: 15 Carbohydrates:
31; Cholesterol: 51 Fiber: 2; Protein: 16
Reprinted with permission from